A Publication for SSA Students by SSA Students

The Nest.

The Nest.

Looking Ahead:
  • Summer Reading Showcase - April 29
  • Senior Exams - April 29-May 1
  • Awards Assembly/May Crowning - May 6
  • Class Night - May 10
  • Graduation - May 11

The Nest.

The Nest.

Crawling to the Finish Line – My Studying Tips
Melia Piediscalzo, Staff Writer • Apr 26, 2024

I have never been a student who can make an A on a test without any studying. On average, I spend five hours studying to make an A. Some students...

Just take it day by Day
'Just take it day by Day'
Miriam Simpson, Editor • Apr 11, 2024

Five years. High school is only five years of your life. In the grand scheme of things, if in hindsight, it isn't “the best years of your life,”...

Unlocking Love
Unlocking Love
Haley Hebert, Editor • Apr 8, 2024

Hey Doves! Valentine's Day has passed but love is still in the air. Over my years in high school, I have learned so much about dating, relationships,...

Episode #4 - Advice from Senior Doves
Episode #4 - Advice from Senior Doves
Macee Fielding, Abbie Brunet, and Haley HebertMar 27, 2024

Podcast Episode #4

Apps That Help Me Keep It Together
Apps That Help Me Keep It Together
Sydney Simonton, Staff Reporter • Mar 27, 2024

As teenage girls, we have so much going on all the time. Whether it is a sport, club, job, etc., it can be difficult to stick to productive routines...

How Do You Manage Your Time?

Returning to school after summer break is always a pretty hard adjustment. Something about this year though has been more challenging than usual for me, and I think many others are feeling the same. In a sense, my lack of time management skills and mental health coincide. For example, the more work I have to do, the more stressed I get, and the less I want to get anything done (even in the subjects I enjoy). As a senior, I thought that this year was going to be a breeze, but I was very very wrong. The college application process is enough to make my head explode, and on top of that, I have more homework than ever (and I’m not even in honors classes). Regardless, I know that this workload is just preparing me for college next year, but not knowing how to efficiently get my work done has made it a bit more challenging. 

Adults are always telling us how important improving our time management skills is, but if I’m being honest I want to hear how my peers who “have it together” are managing theirs. After consulting with seniors Sydney Simonton and Haley Hebert, here are some suggestions they offered: 

I don’t think one concise method works for everyone when it comes to getting motivated and staying focused, but if you’re struggling with time management, maybe give a couple of these a try. In addition, if you have the time, please fill out this Google form survey about your mental health and time management skills, maybe we’ll discuss the answers on our upcoming podcast!