A Publication for SSA Students by SSA Students

The Nest.

The Nest.

Looking Ahead:
  • Senior Farewell Assembly - April 26
  • Summer Reading Showcase - April 29
  • Senior Exams - April 29-May 1
  • Awards Assembly/May Crowning - May 6
  • Class Night - May 10
  • Graduation - May 11

The Nest.

The Nest.

Raise Your Hand and Wave Goodbye

What to leave behind in 2024

At the beginning of each year, there is a tradition to find ways to better ourselves and our lives. Part of this includes figuring out what to leave behind in the new year. 

Bullying

Year after year, many people are affected by bullying. Everyone deserves to be able to freely express themselves without fearing judgment. In 2024, it is time to accept our differences and respect the people around us. Nobody enjoys being shamed for the things that they like or things out of their control. This year, we need to stop judging others and instead, lift them up and encourage them to be themselves. 

Toxic Relationships

Experiencing a toxic relationship isn’t an uncommon experience. Whether it’s a relationship with friends and family or a relationship with a boyfriend, if at any point in time it becomes unhealthy for any parties involved it is best to say goodbye and move on. It is understandable to be afraid to let go of someone you love. Still, when a relationship gets to the point where you are scared of being with someone or even just talking to them in case a fight breaks out, it is in everyone’s best interest to take time apart and figure out how to thrive on your own. 

Kreative Discussions

Dwelling on the past

Put the past in the past and focus on the present. There is no way to change what has already happened; constantly thinking and worrying about it will not fix or change it. The best solution is to take what has happened, learn from it and try your best not to repeat it. 

Fear of the future and rejection

Trying new things can be scary, but if you don’t try, you might miss out on opportunities that you were meant to have. The future holds many things, including people you might meet, achievements you might make, and milestones you don’t want to miss. If you are scared of doing things alone, ask a friend or family member to come along. Having company while trying something new can make you feel more comfortable and ease your anxiety. 

Fear of missing out

FOMO is out. When big events happen that you can’t attend, it is not unexpected to be disappointed and upset. Instead of looking at it as something you’re missing out on, look at it as a chance to better yourself and take a breather. Use it as a time to recharge your social battery and decompress. Everyone knows how annoying it can be when your parents say no to something you want to go to. Don’t pick a fight over it, but think of why they might have said no and try to understand that they have your best interest at heart.

I challenge you to use the new year as an excuse to improve yourself and work on getting rid of unwanted habits.

About the Contributor
Kiki Kramer
Kiki Kramer, Editor
Kiki is a senior here at SSA. She is in clubs like Nature's Minions, SADD and is Key Club president. She loves being outside and traveling around the world.