A Publication for SSA Students by SSA Students

The Nest.

The Nest.

Looking Ahead:
  • Senior Farewell Assembly - April 26
  • Summer Reading Showcase - April 29
  • Senior Exams - April 29-May 1
  • Awards Assembly/May Crowning - May 6
  • Class Night - May 10
  • Graduation - May 11

The Nest.

The Nest.

Golden Globes Outfit Reviews

The Golden Globes is an annual award show held in Beverly Hills, which awards movies and television in 27 different categories. This year, the Golden Globes took place on January 7, 2024, where a multitude of celebrities walked the the red carpet in stunning ensembles– and some not so stunning.

Margot Robbie in Giorgio Armani (photo by Michael Buckner/Getty Images)

Margot Robbie’s outfit was inspired by the Superstar Barbie of 1977. While the dress was almost an exact replica, she added a few updates such as switching the satin fabric for a sequin fabric and replacing the Mary Jane’s for a more classic pointed-toe heel. In my opinion, this replica was done extremely well. It kept the silhouette, color, and overall idea of the original Barbie dress, while changing some aspects of it in order to modernize and reinvent it. The silhouette of the dress is quite simple, but the neckline and sequins add the perfect amount of flare to it, and the mesh, polka-dot boa adds extra embellishment to the outfit, while not overdoing it. Overall, I think the replica was an iconic choice, and I would rate this outfit a 9.5 out of 10.

Jennifer Lopez in Nicole + Felicia Couture (photo by Matt Baron)

Jennifer Lopez’s outfit consists of a light pink fabric with a strapless bodycon silhouette, a long train, and big rose embellishments. She is also wearing Boucheron diamond earrings, which perfectly match her gown. The dress is simplistic, but the roses and long train add something more to the outfit without overpowering it. I do wish she would have worn a necklace, either matching the earrings or even just a simple necklace because the neckline is so low. Overall, the outfit is pretty but nothing too special, and I would rate it a 7 out of 10. 

Taylor Swift in Gucci (photo by Getty Images)

Taylor Swift attended in a sleek, sequin green gown, matching green pointed toe heels, and sparkly tassel earrings. The silhouette of the dress is quite simple and elegant, but the cutout in the back as well as the color and fabric add extra adornments. The color is definitely not my favorite shade of green, but it is still pretty. The outfit is overall elegant and simple, and I would rate it a 7.5 out of 10. 

Billie Eilish in Willy Chavarria (photo by Gilbert Flores)

Billie Eilish showed up in a refreshing take on a uniform-inspired outfit. In her signature oversized look, she wears a black blazer, light blue and white striped button up, and Mary-Jane heels with socks. The button-up/blazer is classic, but she added a rounded collar with a black ribbon to it, which gives a feminine touch to a rather masculine outfit. The bottom half of the outfit is where I feel a bit lost. She wears a khaki-colored skirt, which is a take on uniform-style khaki pants, but I feel that it takes away from the rest of the outfit. I love the fact that she is wearing a skirt to add another feminine touch, however, I wish she would have either had it be a different color or a different shape. Although she is known for her oversized looks, I think this outfit would have been so much better if either the top or bottom was more fitted instead of both being oversized because it feels like they are fighting for attention. I love the Mary Jane shoes, which she mentioned are thrifted, but I wish she would have paired them with white socks instead of red because it feels a bit random and does not go with the rest of the outfit. I also love the glasses and slick-back spiky bun. Overall, the outfit is very much her style, however, there are some parts of it that I do not love; I would rate it a 6.5 out of 10. 

Selena Gomez in Giorgio Armani Prive (photo by Getty Images)

Selena Gomez wore a bright metallic red dress with cutouts, black rosettes, an asymmetrical hemline, a black waistband, and matching red Louboutin heels. I love the playful hemline, however, the red metallic fabric feels cheap. The neckline is very fun and edgy, and I love the rosettes. I think the black waistband takes away from the dress a bit, and the metallic red with the black combination is not my favorite; however, the dress is still very cute and fun. I also love the classic matching Louboutins. I would rate this outfit a 5.5 out of 10. 

Dua Lipa in Schiaparelli (photo by Gilbert Flores)

Dua Lipa stunned in a very classic/chic look, which I feel is something she always pulls off very well. This look consists of a black velvet bustier gown embellished with gorgeous gold/diamond bones. I absolutely love the gold bones because they add a very fun yet elegant touch to a rather basic dress. The gown flares out at her legs into a poofy skirt, and because of where the skirt poofs out, which is very unconventional, it adds a unique and interesting silhouette to look at. She paired the gown with a beautiful Tiffany & Co necklace made of diamonds, gold, yellow beryl, and topaz quartz, which adds the perfect finishing touch to this look. Overall, I think this outfit is chic while still being modern and interesting, and I would rate it an 9 out of 10. 

Timothee Chalamet in Celine (photo by Amy Sussman/Getty Images)

Timothee Chalamet attended in a new version of one of his signature looks. Chalamet is known for his feminine take on suits and other red-carpet looks. This outfit is no different. It is an all-black suit with an embroidered sparkly black jacket and a matching necklace. The silhouette is extremely sleek and classic, but the sparkly jacket adds the perfect amount of flare to it. Chalamet could have opted for a basic black and white suit like most men did, but instead, he decided to add a unique and interesting piece to it. I love that the outfit is completely black because it feels very cohesive and elegant. Overall, this outfit feels classic yet modern, and I love it; I would rate it an 8 out of 10. 

Heidi Klum in Sophie Couture (photo by Gilbert Flores)

Heidi Klum wore one of my absolute favorite gowns of the night. She wore an all-red strapless dress. The top part is a sequin bustier, while the bottom is a poofy silk skirt with a high slit. I love the contrast between the tight bustier top and the flowy, big skirt. Additionally, the dress is the perfect shade of red, and the pointed toe red heels flawlessly match it. The skirt is beautiful, with layers of silk red fabric and a swirl, rose-looking piece on the top of the slit. Overall, I think this gown is absolutely gorgeous, and I would rate it a 10 out of 10.

Emma Stone in Louis Vuitton (photo by Getty Images)

Emma Stone wore a beautiful sequin floral gown with a plunging neckline and a slit down the center of the dress. The floral design as well as the sparkly texture is beautiful, however, I feel like the color sort of washes her out. I wish she would have opted for a darker color because it would have looked better on her skin tone, and it would have made the flowers pop more. The low neckline is also gorgeous, but since it is so low I wish she would have paired it with a matching necklace. Overall the dress is beautiful and classic, and there are only a few changes I would make to it; I would rate it a 7 out of 10. 

More Outfits: